Cyber Essentials: Our commitment to cyber security
MultiWebMarketing are pleased to announce that we have now achieved our Cyber Essentials certification. This certificate demonstrates our commitment towards our online security and the protection our data against the most common cyber threats.Cyber Essentials is a UK Government scheme designed to encourage organisations to assess and reinforce their security measures. The self-assessment questionnaire focuses on the installation, configuration and maintenance of your IT to protect against cyber-attack. Organisations assess themselves against five basic security controls, all of which are free and readily available on the internet:
- Having a firewall installed to secure your internet connection
- Choosing the most secure settings for your devices and software
- Controlling who has access to your data and services
- Ensuring you're protected against viruses and other malware with good anti-virus software
- Making sure your devices and software are updated regularly
Cyber-attacks are often performed by unskilled individuals, much like a thief trying your front door to see if it's locked. Whilst no security strategy can guarantee to can prevent 100% of these attacks, Cyber Essentials aims to reduce the risk as much as possible.As a marketing agency, we take the protection of our client's data very seriously. Therefore, we're very proactive that such security risks are reduced to ensure that we fully comply with GDPR legislation and receiving our Cyber Essentials certificate reflects just that.For more information on our web services, click here.